Graduate with more than a degree.
Explore your career options with Arts Co-op, while gaining 12-16 months of paid, professional work experience and a network of contacts.
What can Arts Co-op do for you?
Success after graduation
- 90% of Canadian co-op grads receive job offers within 1 month after graduation
- Co-op grads earn 12% higher starting salaries than non-co-op grads
Lower student debt or no debt at all
- Average co-op earnings over 3 work terms = $23,500
- Total co-op fees over 3 work terms = $2,380
- Return on investment = $21,120
Job search skills
- Techniques for writing effective resumes and cover letters
- One-on-one interview preparation
Enriched classroom learning
- Discover how your degree applies in the workplace
What types of work and employers can you expect?
Students work in a wide range of positions in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. See a list of potential jobs and employers here.
Applying to Arts Co-op
Intake is once each year in September and is open to students in 2nd or 3rd year. Visit www.artscoop.ubc.ca for eligibility details, info session dates, and application process.
What History grads say about their journeys in co-op:
Joining the Arts Co-op Program is “one of the best decisions you’ll ever make: professionally, academically, financially, and personally.
Jennifer Tsui, BA 2007, Double Major History & Psychology
Work terms: Royal Tyrrell Museum, UBC Arts Academic Advising, Cornerstone Evangelical Baptist Church, WorkSafeBC
Co-op, with its strong network of employers and its online database, makes it dead simple for you to explore your career options.
Mark Penny, BA 2011, History (Honours)
Work terms: Ericsson, Gulf of Georgia Cannery
To read profiles for these History co-op grads and more, visit www.artscoop.ubc.ca/tag/history.