You are about to fill out an application for the Honours Program. Before proceeding to the application, you should first complete the following steps:
- Prepare PDF copies of your university transcripts (these do not need to be official transcripts).
- Arrange for confidential letters of recommendation by two professors or instructors who have taught you during your first two years at UBC or another institution.
- At least one referee should ordinarily be a member of the History Department
- However, students who took Arts One may use instructors from that program instead.
- Once your referees have agreed to write letters for you, please tell them to expect an email with instructions on how to upload their letters of recommendation to the History Department's website.
- Prior to filling out this application you should have been in contact with your referees.
- Obtain the email addresses of your two referees.
- Choose a writing sample. Please choose a paper of between 3 and 15 pages in length that you have written for a university course (preferably a history course), in doc, docx, or pdf format.
you have not been in contact with your referees and/or do not have the other materials ready,
please return to the application later.
you have been in contact with your referees and have the above materials ready,
please continue to the application.